Hey Guys! So, I am BEYOND excited to share with you my most recent chili recipe! I kind of “winged” it with what I had at the house, and it came out amazing. I’m just going to call it “The Best Chili Recipe Ever!” I cut a lot of the fat out by using lean ground turkey instead of beef. I also added pulled pork, which was the perfect combo. Instead of using canned tomato sauce, I pureed a bunch of fresh tomatoes from the farmers market. It tasted so much fresher that way, and I won’t be using canned tomato sauce ever again! (Which I probably will when tomatoes are not in season, but I can keep thinking that 😉 I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did!(Serves 4)
- 3/4 lb turkey
- 2 cups Pulled Pork
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 cup diced red, orange, and yellow peppers
- 2 large tomatoes (I used one red and one yellow tomato)
- 2 med tomatoes
- 1/3 onion
- 3/4 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika or cayenne
- Sprinkle of oregano
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- (You can up the spices if you like your chili really spicy…We like ours mild with a bite at the end)
- In a medium sauce pan, brown turkey with garlic, s&p; and a sprinkle of cumin, chili, oregano and paprika or cayenne.
- Add pulled pork and diced peppers and reduce heat to low.
- In a blender or food processor, blend your tomatoes and onions (you can dice your onions instead if you prefer).
- Once you get the consistancy you want with your tomatoes, pour about 3 cups into the pot.
- Add the sugar, spices, corn, beans, enchilada sauce, and s&p and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let sit for about an hour.
- Serve with mexican cheese and a scoop of greek yogurt or sour cream
- I topped mine off with a sprinkle of oregano (not sure if that added anything but I felt like doing it at the time)