This recipe is Cal’s favorite. It’s great to eat alone or add it to Oatmeal Cereal to add a boost of flavor for your little one’s breakfast. After making a big batch of this, I use my Wilton Silicone Brownie Mold from Amazon to make perfect portions to freeze.
- Start out by washing your apples (I used Gala. They are great for roasting!)
- Cut your apples into wedges (Don’t make them too thin)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place apples on top (parchment paper makes cleaning 1000x quicker and easier)
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of apples
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes (use a fork to test doneness)
- If the apples are soft, transfer them to a food processor or blender
- add 1/2 cup of water and blend until desired smoothness
When done, I separate my apple puree into portions using my Wilton Silicone Brownie Mold from Amazon and pop it into the freezer for a few hours until they are completely frozen.