I made this for Jesse last night. It is now his favorite meal. The entire time he kept telling me how amazing it was and how it was just like eating at a restaurant! The peppers really made this dish. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into fingers or cubes
- 1 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil/canola oil/ olive oil for cooking
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- squirt of Sriracha
For the peppers
- saute small assorted red orange and yellow peppers in sweet thai chili sauce and water until cooked through.
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey, Frank’s Hot Sauce and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, milk, flour, cornstarch, egg, and Sriracha
- Season chicken with S&P
- Dip chicken into mixture, then toss in Panko, making sure it is fully coated.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until crispy, about 2-5 minutes (depending on if you made cubes or fingers)
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drizzle with thai chili hot sauce and peppers