- Be More Present a.k.a PUT THE CELL PHONE DOWN. This is my number one because it’s something I have such a hard time doing. Whether it’s reading emails, or catching up on texts, or scrolling through social media. Whatever it is, it’s taking away from time from your little ones. This is time you will never get back. Use it wisely!
- Say “I Love You” as many times as you can throughout the day to your little. I am constantly telling Cal I love him and giving him hugs and kisses. I have seen this rub off on him and he loves showing love and effection to both Jesse and I and close family members. Sometimes a little too much affection towards the little girls at the park; but we’re working on the “no kissing strangers” rule!
- Take the Long Route. Cook with them, clean with them, do normal activities with them that would normally take you half the time alone. Not only will you be teaching them real life skills and values, it’s a fun bonding time for both Mama and Baby. You would think cooking and emptying the dishwasher was like taking them to Disney. They LOVE it!
- Turn No into Yes! Have you ever thought about why you’re telling them no? I always have to stop myself of this habit ALL the time. It’s so hard when you’re so used to trying to protect and teach them. Most times, children are just curious and eager to learn something new. As long as it doesn’t put them in any type of danger, try saying Yes next time!
- Make time for yourself and your husband. Whether it’s during nap time, independent play time, or after the kids are in bed, do something you truly enjoy. Light some candles, fill up a hot bubble bath, and read a book. Maybe paint your toe nails after if you’re feeling up to it! Whatever it is you have been longing to do, DO IT! If you don’t make time for yourself, you will lose your identity.
I'd LOVE to hear your tips on how to become a better parent! When it comes to our relationship with our children, there is always room for us to improve and better ourselves.
Leave a comment below on what has worked for you and your family!